The Armor All of God – a talking clown skit dealing with the armor of God
(originally posted to the Clown Ministry group at http://groups.yahoo.com)
(Clown enters with a suitcase. Sets the case down and opens it.)
C: Hello everyone! I was asked if I would come in and tell everyone about the Armor …. All of God. I’m was a little confused at first until I was at Wally World in the motor car section and there it was, the Armor …. All of God! I jumped and shouted until everyone started looking at me funny. I just kept telling everyone, “I found it! I found it! The Armor …. All of God!”
Would everyone like to see it? First I’m going to need a volunteer.
(volunteer comes on stage. Clown reaches in the suitcase and pulls out a bottle of Armor All)
****** NOTE!!! Make sure the bottle is EMPTY!!! ******
Well, here it is, the Armor …. All of God. Is this not wonderful? God has provided us with His armor in a small compact spray bottle. Here let me spray some armor on you.
(Spray your volunteer with the empty bottle)
There now we have you all set to go into the world and spread the good news of Jesus Christ!
(Get someone ahead of time to step in at this point.)
ADULT: Clown, would you please stop clowning around! You know this is not the Armor … All of God! Now do the lesson right or we will get someone else to do it!
C: Oh, OK! I’m very sorry! I was just trying to have some fun!
OK kids here it the truth about the Armor of God.
(Begin your lesson by using props such as a breastplate made from cardboard etc. While explaining the armor place your props on the volunteer. Make sure in the skit that you pause between the words “Armor” and “All”.)
Armor of God:
- Belt of TRUTH – God – Deut. 4:39; Psalm 23:1; 18:1-3
- Breastplate of RIGHTEOUSNESS – Your personal righteousness – Psalm 100:3; Rom. 3:23-24, 6:23; Gal. 2:20-21; Phil. 3:8-10.
- Sandals of PEACE – Inner peace and readiness – Rom. 5:1; Eph. 2:14; John 14:27, 16:33, 20:21.
- Shield of FAITH – Living by faith – Rom. 4:18-21; Heb. 11:1; 1 Pet. 1:6-7
- Helmet of SALVATION – Salvation through Christ today and forever – Each day: Ps. 16, 23; Heb. 1:3-6 For eternity: 2 Cor. 4:16-18; 1 Thess. 4:17; 1 John 3:1-3
- Sword of the spirit GOD’S WORD – God’s Word countering spiritual deception and accusations Heb. 4:12; Matt. 4:2-11; 1 Pet. 3:15; Ps. 119:110-112